Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The soundtrack to my life, part 1



Found at: FilesTube

If everyone had a theme song to their lives, or a soundtrack, this would, as you would understand if you knew me, have to be it.  This recording of Ravel's Bolero is my absolute favourite of the god-knows-how-many I have.  

Leonard Bernstein coaxes the most languid, sun-drenched performance out of his orchestra here, but it is interesting to note that I have heard this recording under a different orchestral credit, that of the Orchestre Nationale de France, under the same conductor, and it does vary considerably with the original pressing vinyl copy that I have in my collection that is credited to the New York Philharmonic.  Nontheless it is a beautiful recording and I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...