Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Giacinto Scelsi



Thanks to Matthew Stradling, today I was introduced to an incredible contemporary Italian composer, Giacinto Scelsi ( January 8, 1905 - August 9, 1988).  It's full title is Uaxuctum - The Legend of the Mayan City which they themselves destroyed for religious reasons, so of course you can understand why I just had to purchase this on itunes and thought it might be good to share this wondrous piece of haunting music.  I am still in the misdst of enjoying this for the first time so join me for the journey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...