Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Der Ring at the Met 2010-2011: Die Walkure

Tonight, courtesy of ABC ClassicFM, Australia gets to hear the radio broadcast of Die Walkure from the Metropolitan Opera, New York.  I know I have somewhat obsessive about this production of Der Ring des Nibelung by Robert Lepage, but I do think this marks an important turning for the Met in production values.  
It will be a nice teaser to the upcoming HD broadcast in late June.  So here are some more stills from I found on the net.
It is as good a cast as can be assembled for Wagner these days, a very strong one indeed, so will be good to hear all of the protagonists in these roles. 
I was reading today that the upcoming Siegfried production includes 3D technology for the audience without the use of glasses, you can read more here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...