Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In Memoriam: Ken Russell


On Monday, the movie world lost a major directorial talent with the passing of Ken Russell.  He remains one of my most treasured directors, many of his films I include among my all-time favourites, especially Salome's Last Dance, The Devils and Gothic.  His visually rich cinematography was a major influence on my maturity as a Visual Artist.  

I won't go into biographical details here, you can read that at Wikipedia.  What I will do is share a couple of photos from Salome.  The poster is one of the most hilariously erotic I have ever seen.

I saw this on the big screen on it's first release when I was about 18 and it blew me away.  

I adore Glenda Jackson as Herodias, especially the frock! 


And of course...the trailer for your enjoyment!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...