Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

On This Day...


... in 1909 the world of music changed forever with the premiere of Richard Strauss' Elektra.  I continue my retrospective of Elektra's past with this beautiful portrait of Inge Borkh in the title role.  Her recording with Karl Bohm is to this day, the one I always return to.  Her portrayal is intense, matched by the frenzied Klytemnestra of Jean Madeira and the Chrysothemis of Marianne Schech it is one hell of a recording and  stands up well to it's more modern sounding rivals.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...