Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Work: Boris Godunov

First of all, my apologies for the sparsity of posting this past week or so, life seems to have taken a rather busy turn.  

The good news however is I have finished a new work in the Fantasy/Mythology gallery based on the operatic jewel that is Mussorgsky's masterpiece, Boris Godunov. 

I love the dark, bleak qualities of this score.  The vast scale of it's crowd scenes contrast wonderfully with the inner turmoil experienced by the main character, a beautifully rounded character rare in the Bass repertoire.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...