Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Image of the Day

Giuseppe Galli-Bibiena - Dungeon set design,
washed pen-and-ink drawing, watercolour
There are arguably no greater exponents of the art of Baroque Set Design than the Galli-Bibiena family, successively designing from around 1690-1797.

They were known for grand opera sets of great complexity in their use of perspective, and equally innovative stage machinery.

Here is a brilliant example of the use of perspective they popularised, not to mention the scale - this is possibly the most elaborate dungeon I have ever seen.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...