Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Image of the Day

Gaston Bussiere - La danse de Salome ou les papillon d’or
I'm always on a quest for imagery of Salome and every time I search I'm still surprised at the popularity of her depiction in art of all forms and genres.  While being vaguely aware of Gaston Bussiere's work until today, I stumbled upon a cache or two of his oeuvre and must say I wish I had of been aware of this man's Symbolist catalogue in more depth.

Not only was he fond of painting Salome, of which there are a number, he also seemed to have a penchant for the work of Richard Wagner, so expect to see a bit more of his work here soon.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...