Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Image of the Day


A scene from the Berliner Ensemble production of Brecht/Weill's Die Dreigroschenoper.  I saw it live last night as part of the Perth International Arts Festival.  It is a brilliant piece of theatre, with a strong ensemble cast and great design values in Wilson's inimitable style.

Robert Wilson's highly individual style gives new relevance to Brecht's biting take on society in a series of tableux taken from such sources as German Expressionsim, Fritz Lang, Buster Keaton and many a silent movie.

It's a production which stays with you long after the curtain has fallen.  They truly deserved their ovation on last night's local premiere.

Here is a youtube clip of the same production taken last year in Berlin.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...