Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

George London (May 30, 1920 – March 24, 1985)

George London - Boris Godunov

Today is the birthday of the great American Bass-Baritone, George London.  With his dark, sonorous voice and exceptional stagecraft it's no wonder his popularity spanned the globe.  His career cut tragically short, we have at least quite a few recordings of his great roles to remind us of one of the greatest voices of the Twentieth Century.

Below is a trailer for a documentary about the man, from many of his contemporaries.  I haven't seen it yet but am definitely going to check it out.  He IS my favourite Wotan and Scarpia after all.  Happy 93th birthday George London.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...