Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Jonas Kaufmann - The Verdi Album


This year Jonas Kaufmann celebrates the bicentenaries of Wagner and Verdi with recital albums dedicated to both.  Newly released is The Verdi Album, a collection of scenes and arias that build on the success of his Wagner.  My copy only arrived yesterday so I am still getting familiar with it, but can tell you that his voice is in astonishing form, the B Flat at the end of Celeste Aida a work of art in itself.

The download comes with a couple of videos as well as digital booklet.  Have a look below at the Making of The Verdi Album for a taste of his artistry and head to Spotify if you use it, or iTunes, it's well worth it.  Have a great weekend.

   


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...