Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Image of the Day

Renata Tebaldi - c.1956
During my memorabilia buying frenzy earlier this year I purchased this divine signed 8 x 10 of Renata Tebaldi.  So far it's my favourite piece, small signed Varnay/Brunnhilde aside.

Tebaldi was unbeatable in the Italian lyrico-spinto repertoire with a voice made to sign Puccini and Verdi.  To do both Renata Tebaldi and Giacomo Puccini, whose birthday it was this past week, honour, have a listen to the aria from La Rondine below.  It's one of the composer's best.  Have a great weekend.


                              


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...