Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lohengrin - a new delivery...

Sandor Konya - Lohengrin

... which arrived late last week and I must say was well worth the wait (over 3 months).

Konya is the Lohengrin of ones dreams and with a cast that equals any on disc this live mono recording from Bayreuth in 1959 is now a contender for my favourite.

Have a listen to the excerpt below, it's Konya singing Mein Lieber Schwann from Act 3 and then the finale.

Matacic is a highly sympathetic conductor and this is a noble, beautiful reading that gets better with each hearing.

                                                                                                                  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...