Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Astrid Varnay (25 April 1918 – 4 September 2006)

Astrid Varnay - Brunnhilde

Just a quick tribute tonight to someone who is undoubtedly one of the greatest Wagnerian sopranos of all time,  not to mention my favourite Brunnhilde, Astrid Varnay.  

There is many a tribute in the archives here so I'm not going into too much detail but to say have a listen to the amazing Todesverkundigung Scene from Act 2 of Die Walkure below.  It's a fitting birthday tribute to a remarkable Wagnerian Birthday Diva.


                                                


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...