Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A current fascination of mine is...


...Paper Theatre.  Actually it's not really a new fascination, it dates back to when I made my first Diorama when I was about 7.  It was of Pompeii with Versuvius exploding in the background.  It could actually be seen as my first foray into set design, a premonition of sorts.  But anyway.

Recently though my Facebook contacts and ever increasing network of opera singers, artists and enthusiasts, particularly those who share my love of Wagner, I discovered this wonderful page dedicated to building Model Theatres with the intent of using them for performance - Multum in Parvo paper theater.  

And indeed they are used for that very thing through Europe, it seems the enduring popularity of puppetry has never diminished.  Have a look at their website...you'll learn a lot more about the artform, find out about upcoming performances and even find some freebies!



www.blairparkinson.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...