Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Birthday Joyce!


To one of the great shining lights (not to mention a young Bette Midler lookalike) of our modern day opera world I wish you the most wonderful of birthdays - Joyce DiDonato.

Not only is DiDonato one of the great Mezzos of our time, she is a champion of LGBTQI rights and not afraid to make a stand for what she believes, as envisioned by her recent video of Dido's Lament that's gone viral.

Today's post however is a tribute to her great sense of humour and style, and what is perhaps her most famous role...Rosina from Il Barbiere di Siviglia.  Enjoy.

                                                        

#Diva #HappyBirthday #OnThisDay #Opera #BelCanto #JoyceDiDonato #Rossini

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...