Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Una Voce Poco Fa...who sings it better? Part 2


As I mine the archives once again in search of Rossinian jewels in preparation for tomorrow night's Opera in the Park presented by WA Opera I decided the way to go was down the Coloratura path with these two remarkable ladies...both famous for their Rosina's during the 60's - Gianna D'Angelo and Roberta Peters.

Given the reputation Emma Matthews (tomorrow night's Rosina) has for her Bel Canto singing I'm hoping we'll be treated to a display akin to these.  I hope you like them, while not to everyone's taste they are certainly a lot of fun.  Do you have a favourite?


                       

#WAOpera #OperaInThePark #Rossini #BarberOfSeville

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...