Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Una Voce Poco Fa...who sings it better? Part 3




Where is Callas in all of this you might ask?  Well to me she deserves a post of her own for this aria.  No-one really comes close to her use of vocal colour and technique, it's simply extraordinary and you will never be able to hear it sung any other way again...at least I haven't ever since I was introduced to this recorded gem many, many years ago...enjoy this rare Callas excursion into comedy, something she rarely did and here it's difficult to resist her charms.

#WAOpera #OperaInThePark #Rossini #BarberOfSeville #Callas #MariaCallas

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...