Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday's Earworm...


...is the gorgeous Ileana Cotrubas singing O Dieu Brahma from Act 1 of Bizet's Les Pecheurs de Perles.  Ever since I witnessed her performance of Mimi in the eternal John Copley ROH La Boheme, broadcast here in the early 80's, I've been a great admirer of La Cotrubas' work. 

Famous worldwide for her performances of Mimi, Susanna, Pamina, Micaela, and Violetta, I thought however, this stunning Invocation by Bizet, from her studio recording with EMI is perfect as birthday tribute listening.



#HappyBirthday #Earworm #Bizet #Diva #PearlFishers  #IleanaCotrubas #OnThisDay

www.blairparkinson.com



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...