Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Earworm of the Day



...for today is the incredibly touching love duet from Act 2 of Richard Strauss' Arabella, which had it's first performance on July 1, 1933.

The first time I heard this was one of those "WTF?"  moments you have occasionally when you hear a piece of music that stirs something in your soul.  In my case it was back in Melbourne when I was living on the bones of my butt and couch-surfing just after I'd first moved there in the early 90's.

Here is a stunning little excerpt filmed with Annelise Rothenberger and Hermann Prey, studio bound sometime in the late 60's/early 70's by my reckoning, seemingly for television judging by the tidy way the scene ends.  

Nonetheless it's a newly discovered gem on my part that deserves sharing.

#AnneliseRothenberger #HermannPrey #OnThisDay #Opera #RichardStrauss #LoveWins 

www.blairparkinson.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...