Where I share my inspirations, new work announcements and whatever else I find interesting. To view my artwork or read any of my performance reviews please see the link to my homepage in the sidebar. Offended by occasional male nudity or awesome homoerotic art content? This is not the place for you.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Porpora's 'Alto Giove' - Who sings it better? Match 1: Jaroussky v Kermes

      

Thanks largely to the work of the likes of Cecilia Bartoli, singer and musicologist there has recently seen a resurgence in the popularity of Baroque composer Nicola Porpora. Due to the current and fortunate glut of recordings of this remarkable aria in particular, I thought it time for a good old fashioned sing off.  

So today we have two darlings of the modern Classical Recording Age pitted against each other - countertenor extraordinaire Philippe Jaroussky and golden girl Simone Kermes.  Who do you think sings it better?  Let me know your opinion.

Tomorrow's match: Bartoli vs Fagioli

#PhilippeJaroussky #SimoneKermes #BaroqueOpera #Opera #SingOff #Porpora



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...